Thursday, January 1, 2015

1st Day of 2015

The first day of 2015 and another odd year begins.  I am personally really superstitions about odd years.  I got married in an even year.  Breccan was born in an odd year.  I lost my first baby in an even year.  As you can see there really isn't any rhyme or reason, but for some reason I like odd years less.  All in my head, I know.  This year I am going to try despite the odd year to be positive about it all.
Today I didn't have to work, which meant I had a day with Breccan!  I had a lot of time last week with him and I am amazed at how much he has grown and developed in the past month it feels like.  He talks all the time and tries to tell you everything that is going on and what he wants.  He also decided that he is ready to use the potty and there is a lot of talk about the potty, what happens in the potty, and poopa and peepee.  Also where the poopa and peepee comes out of is popular.  We haven't really been pushing him, but at least 2 to 3 times a day we spend a while sitting on the potty and "pushing" which he thinks is really really funny.
Today we did this twice.  I also learned a lot from him today about his "broken" books and we spent time mending books that are a little worse for wear.  It snowed like crazy today (completely unexpected) and I had really hoped to get some sledding done or at least a snow angel, but Breccan went down for a late nap (after I went on a run, crazy right?!) so he woke up late making it not possible to do the snow activities.
I did start my #365 project.  The concept is to document each day with a picture.  Here is the picture for today!
He is playing with his tools.  Unlike most children who might just hit things with the hammer, Breccan enjoys putting the screw driver into the screw heads.  He likes to put things where they belong or he thinks they belong.  Legos are also big for him and I tried to get a picture of that, but as with any almost 2 year old, moments move quickly so the tools it is.
The other thing I did today was start another goal (besides running) which is to eat healthier.  To kick it off, I watched GMO OMG which is a documentary about GMOs.  All pretty depressing, but I guess not crazy surprising.  In the end I figured that everything that we do leads to our death so we might as well choose as healthy a path as we can.  I do know that for a fleeting moment, I was reminded of spending hours in Gerneys picking out seeds in Yankton, SD and eating complimentary popcorn.  I also think some form of gardening will likely happen this summer.  It is real hard here in Colorado, but I figure at least some herb plants are way doable.
I have to work tomorrow, but look forward to a weekend with Breccan to un-decorate the house and settle in for what looks to be some Winter weather!
Cheers to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment