Today we went shopping. I know crazy. We skipped all the Black Friday excitement and I literally can't really remember what we did yesterday. Oh yea we went to the Air Force vs. CSU football game! That was fun. I tailgated for the first time in my life and found it just about what I expected...a desire to have an extension of college. Shot gunning a beer at 30? What are you crazy? Oh wait you are in a field and have found somebody to watch your kids that makes it so much more acceptable. I will never understand why people do stupid stuff like that. What a great idea!
Anyways, the game was fun and Air Force ended up winning which made it even more enjoyable, only just wished that my whole day hadn't needed to be spent doing something so outside my comfort zone. Pretty sure that I tricked people though and my husband wasn't embarrassed.
Today on the other hand I went and did yet another thing I love, shopping. My husband is a huge shopper, he loves it. Going from store to store and than back again just to decide that today isn't the day to buy what we have been "shopping" for.
So first we dropped my car off for an oil change and new shocks (yikes) and then headed to Target. Well actually Andrew headed to Target, I head to the crazy crafty stay at home Mom hell of JoAnn's. I plan on making a felt Christmas tree for Breccan to play with and needed felt. Ended up only wasting 30 minutes of my life in that place! Wow! Then on to Target to get more garland because decorating a house is way more intense than an apartment. After another 45 minutes of fun we headed to the true destination, American Furniture Warehouse. We had two goals in mine, an end of the bed storage bench and maybe a couch. After an hour of looking we found the bench (score!) but didn't make a decision on the couch. So Andrew decided to truly do this right we needed to go to a couple other places and look at couches. Thank god Breccan started to melt down so we headed home for a nap.
After a lovely nap, it was decided we need to return to the American Furniture Warehouse to look at more couches. After another 90 minutes of literally sitting on every couch 4 times ( the place is huge people) and Andrew changing his mind about what he really wanted ( I want a sectional, no a couch and a chair, no just a couch with a chaise lounge, no nothing brown, well maybe brown, but nothing grey, this couch isn't deep enough) we finally bought the couch we had first sat on during the first trip to American Furniture Warehouse.
We returned home and ate chinese and Breccan opened up his new Elf on a Shelf. After getting really excited and giving his new Elf a hug and a kiss, he refused to sit for the story and was way more excited for the new lighted garlands. So now elf watches from her (yes we got him a girl elf) perch as Breccan points out all the "yites".
No comments:
Post a Comment